Tuesday 17 June 2014

Welcome

Hello everyone, a first post, just an overview of what this will be about.

I always wanted to see a football match abroad and it took me a while to do it. As a Bolton fan I saw my team play in Europe, but I never got to a European away game (a bit too young with no family supporting them) and that is a bit of a regret.

My Swansea ticket, if you really need proof.
A 12 hour round trip from Sheffield where I lived at the time.
Anyway, I went to Portugal to watch O Classico in Porto in May, and I loved the experence and the whole weekend. I wanted more, and came up with the stupid idea of wanting to watch a game in all 54 countries of what football classes as Europe (basically everywhere in UEFA). After mentioning it to a friend the other week, this blog became an idea. And now it's a thing.

Now I'm not after a record, someone has probably managed this already. I'm not after official accreditation off anyone. I've obviously been to quite a few grounds in England. I've watched Bolton play at Swansea (and we were rubbish that day) so England and Wales are already ticked off. Portugal too and I'll blog about that tomorrow.

I will be off to Denmark and Sweden next month as Bolton are there for three pre-season friendlies.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment